PhD student and researcher at German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) mentored by Volker Markl and Sebastian Breß.
My research interests are data management using modern hardware, and distributed systems. Currently I am investigating automated variant generation from declarative queries for heterogeneous processors.
Before coming to DFKI, I received my MSc degree from ETH Zurich in collaboration with IBM Research, Zurich under supervision of Thomas R. Gross and Animesh Trivedi. My Master's was preceded by an exchange at Imperial College London, where I wrote my BSc thesis under supervision of Peter Pietzuch and Paolo Costa, during my Bachelor's studies at ETH Zurich.
TU Berlin EN 739
- Analyzing Efficient Stream Processing on Modern Hardware Steffen Zeuch, Bonaventura Del Monte, Jeyhun Karimov, Clemens Lutz, Manuel Renz, Jonas Traub, Sebastian Breß, Tilmann Rabl, Volker Markl, to appear in The Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment (PVLDB'19), Los Angeles, CA, USA, August 26th-30th, 2019.
- Efficient and Scalable k-Means on GPUs Clemens Lutz, Sebastian Breß, Tilmann Rabl, Steffen Zeuch, Volker Markl, in Datenbanken Spektrum 2018.
- Efficient k-Means on GPUs Clemens Lutz, Sebastian Breß, Tilmann Rabl, Steffen Zeuch, Volker Markl, in the 14th ACM Int. Workshop on Data Management on New Hardware (DaMoN'18), colocated with SIGMOD/PODS, Houston, TX, USA, June 11th, 2018.
- RStore: A Direct-Access DRAM-based Data Store Animesh Trivedi, Patrick Stuedi, Bernard Metzler, Clemens Lutz, Martin Schmatz, Thomas R. Gross, in the 35th IEEE Int. Conf. Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS'15), Columbus, OH, USA, June 29th - July 2nd, 2015.
- Carafe: High-Performance, In-Memory Graph Processing with RDMA. Clemens Lutz, MSc thesis, D-INFK, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland, October 2014
- Databases Laboratory, WS 2018, TU Berlin
- Information Systems and Data Analysis, SS 2018, TU Berlin
- Databases Laboratory, WS 2017, TU Berlin
- Information Systems and Data Analysis, SS 2017, TU Berlin
- Databases Laboratory, WS 2016, TU Berlin
- Information Management Seminar, SS 2016, TU Berlin
- Databases Seminar, WS 2015, TU Berlin
- Operating Systems and Networks, SS 2011, ETH Zurich